Michael “DC” Carrillo
Challenge Day Leader
DC grew up in a West Houston suburb called Katy. He has a passion for animals, travel, art, being of service to others, and public speaking (just to name a few). He first began public speaking at 18 years old as a hobby while pursuing acting and modeling. His heart for helping others only grew stronger so at the age of 25 years old he decided to change course. He embarked on a journey to self-discovery devoting his efforts full-time to research and educating himself on all the ways he could utilize his own personal experiences to educate others & elicit hope.
Though this journey would lead him to live in great places like Austin, Dallas, Nashville, Belize, Chicago, Los Angeles, it was the move in 2015 to the Bay Area of Northern California that changed everything. After a couple of years climbing the corporate ladder, he was introduced to Challenge Day through a friend. It was here that he felt everything he’d experienced led him to this very place. For this very purpose. He decided to leave the corporate world and joined the training process to become a program facilitator. Five months later, he was offered the position!
He has been a Challenge Day facilitator since 2017 where he continues to thrive in his element with eagerness to learn and grow every chance he gets. He hopes to move his way up in the organization to one day becoming a Senior Facilitator and Training Coach.
If you really knew me, you’d know…
- After the pandemic I moved back to Houston where I currently reside
- I think dad jokes are the funniest things in the world and I speak in puns fluently
- Loyalty, kindness, and transparency are the qualities I value most
- I am half Mexican
- My dream is to give a TEDx one day
- My family is the most important people in my life
- I try to pet every dog I come across (sometimes I forget to ask first)