Yvonne St. John-Dutra
Working with teens and adults in a variety of settings since 1980, Yvonne has been instrumental in designing and implementing over 20 different nationally recognized prevention and intervention programs for teenagers.
Yvonne’s earliest experiences varied from doing classroom presentations and school assemblies, to media programs on eating disorders, gender stereotypes and social conditioning. She later focused her attention on working with at-risk youth, addictions, social oppression, emotional intelligence, communication, parenting and family building. Yvonne has facilitated countless women’s gatherings and her innovative women's workshops have empowered women from several countries around the world.
A gifted speaker, program designer, trainer, and educator, Yvonne has received many honors and won numerous awards for her work with teens and families. In 2003, Yvonne was selected to receive the Contra Costa County Woman of the Year Award. In 2005 Yvonne and her husband, Rich, were recognized as Champions of Forgiveness by the World Wide Forgiveness Alliance. She has a special gift for moving and inspiring groups of all ages.
As CEO and leader of the Training Department for Challenge Day, Yvonne was program designer and lead trainer for Challenge Day’s youth programs, mentoring and leadership training and the Be the Change Workshop series.
Currently, Yvonne serves as a Challenge Day Senior Leader, Be the Change Workshop Facilitator and Program Designer. As a Founder of Challenge Day, she is a lifetime Board Member.
If you really knew me, you would know:
- That my work through Challenge Day is much more than just a job, it is my passion and my service on the planet.
- My Partner, my husband Rich is my best friend and after so many years together I feel more in love than ever.
- My mother has Alzheimer’s disease and that my heart aches daily as I love her on this journey in life.
- My family, my children and grandchildren bring so much joy and love in my life.
- I am living the life of my dreams and I have worked hard to heal anything from my past that would prevent me from being able to fully feel and experience my joy in every moment.
Read more at Author Site