Trish grew up outside of Denver, Colorado. She learned the value of responsibility and taking care of the family at a young age. Growing up Trish seemed to connect with people older than her. She always felt like an old soul. Trish also learned a lot about caring for others. This experience turned into a passion for teaching, and Trish became the first person in her family to not only graduate from college with a Bachelor’s Degree in English, but also obtained her Masters in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of Colorado at Denver.
Trish spent 7 years teaching middle school and coaching high school girl’s volleyball. During her career as an educator, Trish began facilitating professional development for teachers in her district that focused on effective and motivational strategies for student success in the classroom, which many times focused on the social-emotional component of student success. In December of 2013, Trish attended an education conference and attended many sessions on brain science and how social emotional strategies lead to higher student success. Then in January of 2014, Challenge Day came to her school, and Trish was able to witness first hand the impact Challenge Day had on the culture of her school.
At this point Trish felt pulled to do something within education on a greater scale. She wanted to have a bigger impact, and after being an adult participant in a 2nd Challenge Day, she knew that she was supposed to be a challenge day leader. Trish packed up her life, her dog, and her cat, and relocated to Oakland, CA, leaving behind a career that she loved and students that she still misses in order to fulfill this dream.
Trish is a pillar of strength. She’s the person everyone knows they can depend on. Make no mistake, this powerhouse isn’t all grit. She is sweet, loving, and will give fully to the people she loves.
If you really knew me, you would know…
- I love to dance. A lot. Everywhere all the time. I could dance everyday of the week and still want to dance more. It’s when I feel the most free and able to express myself 100%.
- I have a dog, Oscar, and a cat, Jonah, who I treat like my children. They’re definitely spoiled.
- I truly believe that what we put out into the universe comes back to us.
- I strive for roles in my professional life that may be difficult to obtain based on my age, gender, or qualifications. I love challenges; especially when someone tells me I can’t do something. I’ll work until I can.
- As hard as I try, I can never remember rules to card games. I could have played the game 100 times, and I still won’t remember how to play.
- Yoga, Bikram yoga especially, is my favorite form of exercise. Although I’m starting to really dig running.
- I will jump into the middle of any situation if I feel like there’s an injustice being done. Whether it’s my business or not.
- Over the years I have started to become a coffee snob.