Tim was raised in the Seattle Area, the middle child of three boys. Growing up he played many different sports. He went on to play football at Washington State University... Go Cougs! Staying active and being outdoors is still important to Tim. He loves to hike, paddleboard, snowboard, and play volleyball.
Family is very important to Tim. He feels very fortunate to have his family and loves them very much. As a kid he loved going on family camping trips, and now he loves celebrating birthdays for his nephews and nieces.
Earning his bachelor's degree in economics with a minor in finance, business is a big part of Tim's life. He has an entrepreneurial spirit and has started several businesses. This includes: tutoring math privately; DJing school dances, weddings, and company parties; and selling fireworks for the 4th of July.
His love for working with teens, both academically and athletically, led to Tim teaching high school math for 5 years and coaching several sports teams. This is where he first realized there is a lot more to teaching than just the content. Valuing the Social and Emotional Learning component of education, Tim earned a Teacher of the Year award for the way he supported his students both emotionally and intellectually. When Challenge Day came to the school he taught at, he fell in love with the program and applied to be a Leader that night.
Tim brings tremendous energy into every room and loves connecting with young people. One of his favorite lessons he teaches, and applies in his own life, is to be comfortable being who you are. Having grown up in the "Be a Man Box" and caving to peer pressure, Tim now embraces both his athletic side and his big teddy bear side. He is thankful for his friends and family for inspiring him to get better every day.
If you really knew me, you would know…
- I love to laugh! I quote movies and stand up comedians a lot.
- I've learned unconditional love from my amazing parents and my golden retriever, Sky Sky. Sometimes I wonder if I'm part dog.
- Family comes first. Always!
- I have a big heart. I put the happiness of the people I love before my own. To see the people in my life I love the most smile is what makes me most happy.
- I'm very upbeat and positive. I try to find the good in my life and surround myself with amazing people.