Sevan is the middle child and only son in his family. He was raised in the tri-state area and spent a decade living in Arizona, where he discovered his passion for traveling. Sevan has been to over 45 states in the USA, filmed a documentary in Thailand, and worked as a travel writer and photographer in Costa Rica. He explains with more detail why he gave up his dream life on the beaches of Costa Rica, to take a shot at becoming a Challenge Day Leader in this video from Mutual of Omaha's Aha Moment Tour.
Sevan's two biggest fears growing up was getting on a plane and public speaking. Today, those are the two things he does on a regular basis. After overcoming anxiety, depression, homelessness, dropping out of high school, and a near-death experience, Sevan now wakes up each day on fire to make the most of each moment. He works with young people because he knows how difficult it could be, based on his own life experiences, and wants to help others pull through challenging situations. He believes in the power of words, and that planting seeds of compassion and understanding in the minds and hearts of young people is the most important thing we can do for our collective future.
Sevan's passions and skills including Social Activism, Marketing, Business, Management, Poetry, Music, & Film.
Sevan's message is to rise above mediocrity, and to stop playing small... to pour everything you have into whatever it is you choose to do... To go after the impossible, to make each moment count, and to live a life to the max.
Because of this mindset, Sevan has a deep hunger for knowledge, a passion to build community, and a relentless desire for personal expansion.
"One day your life is going to flash before your eyes.....Make sure that it's worth watching.”
If you really knew me, you would know…
- I'm left-handed.
- I'm into meditation, yoga, hiking, and anything in nature!
- I can be really competitive. I love poker, chess, and playing board games with friends.
- I'm a Scorpio and love astrology.
- I broke a Guinness World Record.
- I've meditated with Lady Gaga.
- I have a variety of friends who come from very different backgrounds. I believe that all human beings can find something to connect on if they only give each other a chance. I'm fascinated by various cultures, beliefs, and lifestyles.
- I completed my "bucket list" by the time I reached 30 and had to write a new one.
- I wake up each day and the first thought that I have is "Thank You." Each day is truly a gift and we're never promised tomorrow. I live my life accordingly.