Ruth Nahumury-van de Poll
Ruth Nahumury-van de Poll is a Challenge Day Leader in Europe. She is a Dutch country girl who traveled the world, lost her heart to San Diego (California) where she lived for a while in her 20s. Since 2005 she has found solid ground in and around Amsterdam where she now lives with her husband and 2 kids.
Ruth has a background in International HR Management, Intercultural Teamcoaching and has done many different workshops including BTC, LTC and WHYCTE. After working as a recruiter for almost 10 years she is now a passionate trainer and public speaker in the field of Inclusion & Diversity.
Ruth has dedicated her life to create awareness and bring people together, getting to know each other for real, beyond all kinds of labels people unconsciously tend to put on each other. In 2016 she started her own business No Labels Inc, helping organisations in building an inclusive work environment where diversity is a strength and people feel seen and valued for who they are in their workplace.
Becoming a Challenge Day Leader was a dream come true. Creating high impact in 1 day starting with the leaders of the future is a true blessing and adds to the work Ruth is already doing. Bringing Challenge Day further into the workplace is still one of her dreams!
If you really knew me, you would know…
- I am married to the love of my life and together we have 2 beautiful kids.
- My kids are one of the greatest drivers in my work. As they have a biracial background I want to contribute to a world where it is safe for them and everyone to be proud of their roots and skin color and for them to have equal opportunities.
- I was raised in a warm and loving family, being the oldest of 4 kids
- I have a very strong faith in God
- that my heart breaks when children don’t receive the love they deserve
- that still to this day I get nervous right before I grab the microphone and start to talk in front of a group …
- M&M’s with nuts are my guilty pleasure …
- I love to dance, hang out with friends, play games, go camping with my family, read a good book and laugh so hard the tears are running down my cheeks.