Michelle Arias Zelaya
Michelle was born and raised in Palo Alto, California. She is proud of her Greek and Colombian heritage and has traveled to both countries to meet relatives and connect with her roots. Graduating from California State University, Chico, with a degree in Communications and Psychology, she entered the corporate world and worked in Advertising and Merchandising in San Francisco for four years. After volunteering at a Challenge Day she knew she had found her passion and her calling.
Through traveling and living abroad, Michelle found that there really is a universal language of love, laughter, and compassion.Life has presented many twists and turns,and this path has proven to be the adventure of a lifetime. Michelle is loving every minute of the ride.
If you really knew me, you would know…
- I quote Seinfeld episodes almost everyday. Not that there’s anything wrong with that…
- I believe that every event in my life has led me to be a Challenge Day Leader.
- My mom is my hero and my inspiration. She taught me the power of unconditional love and each day I strive to be as strong, loving and compassionate as she is.
- Most of my best friends I have known since I was four years old.
- I believe that loyalty, expression and truth will set you free.
- I can find the humor in almost every situation and was voted “most likely to crack you up” in high school.
- After seeing Titanic in the theaters 7 times when I was twelve years old, I wrote a letter to Leonardo Dicaprio... I am still waiting to hear back from him.