Marina Rose Becerra
Marina is the youth ambassador on our Board of Directors.
Marina was born in Sacramento, California and was raised with the value of always helping those in need. She attended her first Challenge Day workshop in 2015. The experience was life-changing and catalyzed her passion to serve young people. She learned that she needed to heal herself from the trauma of being bullied in school before she could support others - and Challenge Day helped her do that. After graduating high school, Marina courageously took a leap of faith and created a life where she could be her most authentic self, in service to others. Marina now lives Bay Point, California with her loving boyfriend and works at the Boys and Girls Club in Martinez, as a Program Specialist teaching art, health and life skills to youth ages 6-18.
"If you judge a books by its cover, you might miss out on an amazing story."
If you really knew me, you would know...
- I'm proud that I'm 20 years old and I've done so much work to heal myself.
- I'm totally in love with my siblings, Isabella and Adrian.
- I love where I'm living, but I miss my family a lot.
- I love everything about San Diego - the beach is my happy place - and I will live there again one day.
- I'm hopeful for the future and I feel a huge shift happening in the world, with more and more people wanting to be the change.
- I love sharing below the waterline.