Jesi is our youth intern, bringing his positive energy and talents to lighten the workload in our office, with the goal of expanding our shared vision of service to youth leadership, and the expansion of the Be the Change Movement.
Jesi was born in San Mateo and raised in Auburn, California by two loving women. Growing up with two mothers and a sister, Jesi was made fun of for having long hair and was often mistaken for a girl in his early years. He experienced his first Challenge Day in 8th grade and it not only healed his connection with his class, but also helped him create bonds with his classmates that have stayed strong to this day.
Inspired by his Challenge Day experience, Jesi later attended his first Being the Change (BTC) workshop at the Challenge Day office in Concord, California. The experience blew him away - he felt honored and humbled by the transformations he witnessed. Shortly after, he decided that in his opinion the tools he had learned in both Challenge Day and BTC had the power to change the world.
“It is my dream that we will someday live in a world where everyone that surrounds us has the tools we learn through Challenge Day. That would be a very different world.”
Jesi has always had a burning desire to solve the communication problems and heal the hurts within our society and around the world.
If you really knew me, you would know...
- I love airsoft and paintball and that really confuses me because Challenge Day and shooting at people just seem incredibly opposite...
- Being outside and doing physical activities are the best ways to get to me to drop right into my joyful and comfortable self.
- Laughter is my favorite medicine.
- I love being in service and making a difference in other peoples' lives.
- I love building connections between people from vastly different backgrounds or walks of life, especially in the name of service and community.