Addicted to drugs and kicked out of his house at the age of eighteen, Jake knew he had to change his life. He went on an "outdoor adventure" trip and while backpacking in New Mexico, Jake had an epiphany, decided to give up drugs and alcohol and find out why he felt sad and alone so often. Since that day Jake has been on a journey that has lead to many places and experiences he never could have imagined (leading Challenge Day's being on the top of that list). Along the way he has developed a strong background in Buddhist meditation.
Jake has had many jobs ranging from cooking, to guiding trail rides on horses, to selling cemetery property door to door. Most recently he owned his own house painting company in Seattle, Washington. Since Jake got clean, it was always his dream to be able to work with youth. After attending his first Challenge Day, he knew he found what he had been looking for.
If you really knew me, you would know…
- One of my biggest fears is wasting my life.
- I believe everyone deserves to be listened to.
- In my life I have been willing to give up, or take on, anything if I thought I would learn from it.
- I tend to learn the hard way; but the lessons stick with me.
- My love for shoes and clothing is hard to put into words.
- The day that I die I wish to have no fear in my heart.
- I believe that Challenge Day teaches some of life's most important lessons.
- I love meditating, world travel, snowboarding, music, dancing, hiking, being out in nature, singing, and really great food.
- I have dedicated my life to service of others and spiritual practice.
- I have learned that the only thing that separates us is the belief that something separates us.