Enrique Collazo was born in Los Angeles, California. He's an only child and was raised by his mother.
As a young person looking for a place to belong, Enrique turned to gangs and addiction. After realizing this was not the way he wanted to live his life, Enrique got clean and essentially had to start life all over again. With this new beginning, he sought purpose in his life, which he found in service.
The first way he got to experience that was in helping other addicts get clean, including teens. He also turned another one of his passions, fitness and exercise, into a career in Personal Training. At 26, Enrique started to practice meditation and began to study mindfulness. The next logical step for Enrique was to share how mindfulness had played a huge part in drastically changing the way he related to the world, and he began teaching meditation. It was also around this time when he was invited to volunteer at a mindfulness retreat for teens. He left knowing exactly what he wanted to do with his life's energy. He continued volunteering at their retreats for several years. Now Enrique teaches multiple teen retreats every summer.
Enrique has gone through a lot in his life. And because of his past and now as a meditation practitioner and teacher he has a unique presence full of calmness and power. Enrique is an absolute inspiration for young people. When he’s in a room, it’s noticeable. He exudes peace and compassion and humor.
If you really knew me, you would know…
- I'm naturally pretty shy and feel super awkward in social situations.
- I love to dance. It is my medicine.
- I’m over 11 years clean and sober.
- I suffer from imposter syndrome.
- Underneath all the smoke and mirrors I just want to be loved. What my internal dialogue sounds like. "do you still love me? Do you love me now? How about now?"
- After a long rough road my mom is now one of my best friends.
- I’ve run 5 marathons.
- I love getting tattooed.
- Chocolate over vanilla.