Christopher Heinze grew up in Fort Wayne, Indiana where he knew at a young age he was a natural leader. At the age of ten, Christopher joined the Fort Wayne Children's Choir and found his love of music. With the encouragement and expertise of his educators and other mentors, he explored his natural ability in the performing arts through school and community opportunities. Christopher attended Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana where he studied Music Education which utilized his leadership abilities, but made it possible to continue making music.
At Ball State, Christopher also joined the cast of Indiana's Official Goodwill Ambassadors, The Ball State University Singers. With this professional entertainment organization, he performed on national and international stages as a singer, dancer, and featured soloist, but It was off-stage where Chris learned the value and power of community and interpersonal relationships. Having to lean on these people after the death of his parents, he learned how much of a role authentic connections with other people would play in his life.
While grieving and healing, Christopher decided to move to Florida to pursue a career in performance, but knew inside him was still a driving force to help to positively influence the lives of young people. It was in this time Christopher recalled his experience at Challenge Day. Chris was first introduced to Challenge Day three years prior while watching TV where he came across "If You Really Knew Me", the MTV documentary reality series about Challenge Day. He chose to attend a Challenge Day as a professional growth opportunity for his coursework in college, but he had no idea how much more he would gain from the experience. While in Florida he realized that being a Challenge Day Leader is where his path was leading him. He is thankful to be able to honor his parents and the people who have supported him in his life every day within his role at Challenge Day. He hopes this is a sufficient way to pay forward all that he has been given through the generosity and love of others.
If you really knew me, you would know…
- I love having red hair. (Mine is actually Strawberry Blonde)
- I choose to see the good in the world over the bad.
- I am in love with Aaron Copland and his music.
- I usually can find a reason to dance.
- I am willing to give as much of myself as I can to help others.
- I love nature especially bodies of water. I often seek them out for a place to think and reflect.
- When I travel I find places featured on reality TV shows to visit as my tourist destinations. I have even gotten a private tour of Kleinfeld's Bridal lead by Randy Fenoli himself!