Christopher Heinze is a native of Fort Wayne, Indiana where he attended North Side High and went on to Muncie, Indiana to study Music Education at Ball State University. While at Ball State he was an integral part of the continued operations, growth, and development as Outreach Chair of Indiana’s Official Goodwill Ambassadors, The Ball State University Singers.
With this professional entertainment organization, he performed on national and international stages as a singer, dancer, and featured soloist, but It was off-stage where Christopher learned the value and power of community and interpersonal relationships. Having to lean on these people after the death of his parents, he learned how much of a role authentic connection with other people would play in his life.
After college, Christopher moved to Florida to pursue entertainment jobs as a singer/dancer in theme parks and cruise ships. While at Ball State, Christopher was introduced to Challenge Day so when he saw the opportunity to audition for a position, he was quick to take it. He left Florida and headed for California. As a Challenge Day facilitator he hopes that more people feel connected and cared for by their chosen communities.
If you really knew me, you would know…
- I can recite many notable Parade of States intros from the Miss America Pageant. Primarily from 2009 when Katie Stam, Miss Indiana, won.
- I love women’s gymnastics and can name the Olympic and most World teams from 1996 on.
- I love guilty pleasure television. Especially Bravo and TLC.
- Aaron Copland is my favorite composer.
- When I was two days old my parents took me up to the lake where my grandparents lived to go out on a boat and I’ve been sunburnt ever since! #GingerProblems
- I can always find a reason to dance.