Betty Jeuris is a Be the Change Workshops Leader in Belgium.
Betty is passionate about life! She loves finding ways to be inspired and to inspire others.
After studying ancient and modern languages, she chose a new direction and got a degree in didactics and pedagogy and started working with young people from very different backgrounds. For many years she was in a school, providing language teachings to teenage refugees.
Betty has always been a creative centipede. From the time she was a young girl, she expressed herself through writing, dancing, movement, drawing, knitting, and painting. She became skilled in fashion design and as a professional make-up artist and hairdresser, started teaching classes on these subjects as well. She always has a deep longing to be connected to other people and express her creativity. Later, she continued her development by participating in countless workshops in bodyworks and chose to be trained as yoga and mindfulness teacher.
Betty discovered Challenge Day through ‘Over de Streep’ on television and she felt it was an answer to many of her wishes: body and soul, expression and stillness, all coming together in one program.
Bringing the Be the Change and Challenge Day work to Belgium became her mission! She started to build the organization in 2012. Today, Betty is grateful and proud to call herself the first female Belgian Leader!
If you really knew me, you would know…
- Most importantly, I am the mother of 2 beautifully talented young women, ages 18 and 19.
- I started cutting hair when I was 5 years old - first with my Barbies, then my sisters' dolls, and later my siblings and still to this day.
- I was raised in a big family, with 2 brothers and 2 sisters. I was and still am the middle one.
- I love hiking, outdoor living, swimming in rivers - being in nature makes me feel so alive!
- I am the midwife when our sheep are lambing.
- The beauty of free movement and deep stillness both connect me to a sacred place.